Author Topic: Poland, Germany, Denmark......  (Read 91439 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Poland, Germany, Denmark......
« Reply #100 on: 26 April 2018, 21:17:18 »
Up till now, we went more sightseeing spots than we planned. That means we made good use of the Copenhagen Card.

We will take a night flight back to HK so we still had an afternoon free. At last, we decided to go to Carlsberg brewery. 2 years ago we went to Heineken Brewaery and we thought that would be a good comparison. In terms of contribution to the country, Carlsberg does a lot. They contributed a lot of money, antique, even building to the country. They also set up various funds for charity, arts, education, etc. Hence you can always see the founder J. C. Jacobsen's potrait in palace, castle, etc.
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #101 on: 26 April 2018, 21:20:46 »
They have a world record in the brewery. A collection of different beer bottle. At that moment they had 22558 bottles displaying in the rack.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #102 on: 26 April 2018, 21:23:58 »
In terms of the contents, given that we had the experience in Heineken, they are quite usual. The way to brew, materials, process, etc. The last part of the tour is beer tasting and they can offer a lot of different beer, far more than Heineken.

Some of the rare version of bottle are there too. I have never seen a double magnum beer......

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #103 on: 26 April 2018, 21:30:56 »
Before we headed to airport, we tasted the French hotdog. A baguette with a sausage inside with tons of ketchup......not bad.

Copenhagen airport is quite large, with a very large duty free shop. Their staff are nice and friendly too.

We took a flight at 10:00pm and back to HK at 8:00 pm the next day, having a transit time at Doha for 2 hours.

In all, Poland is a surprisingly interesting place to visit. It is tidy and clean, relatively lower cost for food and hotel, rubbish readily accessible, toll free toilet and comparatively safe.

Copenhagen is very safe too, I kid that with such high cost of living, it is not easy to be a thief because it would be very demanding to earn a living as a thief. Having said that, we found that the price in supermarket is cheap, i.e. labour cost may be very high in Denmark.

Germany is in the middle among the three. Quite enjoyable too

That concludes our Easter trip.

Let me know your view below. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2018, 23:10:58 by hangchoi »

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: 02 May 2018, 19:28:56 »
Bathing place? They don't have place to bath where they live in the palace?

Second day we went to Łazienki Palace on foot, just a 15 minute walk from the hotel. The weather was cold but felt comfortable with the fresh air.

Łazienki Palace was once the bathing place of the royal family. It is situated in the largest city park in Warsaw. Baroque style with well decoration. Before we enter to the palace, we passed by the Chopin monument at the west entrance of the park.

The palace is in the middle of a pond. In summer, the view from the park is beautiful but what we had was a layer of ice on the surface of the pond, melting in the far end.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: 02 May 2018, 20:46:02 »
You saw the wine they kept in the Rosenborg Slot?  ;D

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #106 on: 02 May 2018, 20:46:59 »
Bathing place? They don't have place to bath where they live in the palace?

I think they had. But this one, to be exact is like a bathing house. The size is relatively small and the whole ground floor served only one function, bathing. The upper floor has a study room, rest room. etc. There is a link bridge on the left hand side to other building and some other buildings scattered around the whole park.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #107 on: 02 May 2018, 20:54:30 »
You saw the wine they kept in the Rosenborg Slot?  ;D

They keep the wine in the cellar with a metal gate and lock. I do not see any labels but I was told that they are still producing their own wine. The Denmark royal family keeps wine for several hundreds year and most of them German white. Nowadays, they will top up the barrels so that the wines are NV wine.

On anther occasion during my visit, I found that the Denmark Royal family has some investment in France wine too, a Cahors chateau Ch. de Cayx