Author Topic: Seoul 人飛首爾 + Again......in 2016  (Read 88177 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: Seoul 人飛首爾
« Reply #30 on: 24 January 2015, 13:53:09 »
Yes, this one is fun. You may even bring you luggage and store there, to save the hotel cost  ;D

Want to go? I can arrange at anytime as you wish.

Yes, I will sign up.

1. Hang
2. Yan
3. Chin

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: 24 January 2015, 13:54:17 »
The last time I went to Korea was maybe 10 years ago, mainly for business. I don't remember Seoul being a fun place to visit. Maybe it's changed for good.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #32 on: 24 January 2015, 17:57:13 »
The last time I went to Korea was maybe 10 years ago, mainly for business. I don't remember Seoul being a fun place to visit. Maybe it's changed for good.

Yes. I was there in 1998. At that time I joined a tour group and it was compulsory that the group had a "tour guide". You had to take a group photo and you were not allowed to take picture at some spots like the president office, etc. Now, a lot of casual travelers and tourists and you are free to go anywhere. A big change that changed my impression.

Another point is that you can communicate with them in mandarin most of the time. I think Chinese are their major source of visitors.
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #33 on: 24 January 2015, 18:07:14 »
Yes, I will sign up.

1. Hang
2. Yan
3. Chin

Well. We could really arrange to have a short trip there, spending a weekend there is fun. Flight time is about 3 hours. Unless you want to buy the whole department store, you need not to carry heavy luggage. Living standard there is comparatively low, at least lower than Japan.

Maybe we can go there again in mid of this year. Anyone wants to join ??  ;D

Offline hughchan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #34 on: 23 February 2015, 03:34:06 »
great photos.  No wonder why you would go back.  The LED exhibition was quite amazing and it is something that you don't get to see when you join a tour.  I was in Colombia a few years ago, they have the similar lighting (probably not LED) for Christmas.  It was the highlight of the trip

Offline hughchan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #35 on: 23 February 2015, 03:35:58 »
lighting

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Seoul 人飛首爾 + Again......on 2016
« Reply #36 on: 16 November 2016, 12:24:02 »
Originally I had planned to hike in Japan but my wife somehow found cheap air tickets to Seoul. Then it made up my second trip to Seoul within 2 years.

We took a midnight flight again and settled things down in hotel at 8am. After the breakfast, we went to the city center and had a look at Cheonggyecheon (清溪川)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #37 on: 16 November 2016, 12:27:38 »
Cheonggyecheon (清溪川) was a project by the government to turn a city drain into a beautiful walking park. It really doesn't look like in a city.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #38 on: 16 November 2016, 12:31:56 »
Turning a corner will lead you to the Gyeongbokgung (景福宮), the old palace of the King of Korea. There are a few statutes in front of the palace. Currently there are a lot of anti-government demonstration every weekend.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #39 on: 16 November 2016, 12:34:53 »
The entrance of Gyeongbokgung is Gwanghwamun (光化門). The palace is beautiful and huge, tho the size is comparatively smaller than that in Beijing. Similar style too.