Author Topic: Seoul 人飛首爾 + Again......in 2016  (Read 88122 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Seoul 人飛首爾
« Reply #20 on: 08 January 2015, 13:30:08 »
After lunch, we went to an art museum at 漢江鎮, I saw a nice park on the way there.
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #21 on: 08 January 2015, 13:33:26 »
The museum is called Leeum 三星美術館. By its name the museum is sponsored by Samsung. The museum has a good collection of stuff from the whole Korean history to modern art, no picture allowed for the old stuff. The surrounding is quite nice. The electronic guide is a samsung phone...

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2015, 13:34:44 »
I can only take pictures of the building fabrics, but some are quite funny and interesting.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2015, 13:37:21 »
The evening we went to 龍山站. This is a big transportation exchange, but we went there for a Korean sauna (汗蒸幕). The entrance of the sauna looks like a night club or something.....

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #24 on: 08 January 2015, 13:41:44 »
This 汗蒸幕 is said to be the largest one in Seoul. It is a 7 storey building, having a lot of recreation facilities. It is good for family and couples, as the entrance fee is not expensive. But you need to pay for food, and other services. They heated up the floor of the rest area and the whole environment is warm and comfortable. They have 7 to 8 different sauna room with different temperature.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #25 on: 08 January 2015, 13:46:18 »
After we had the sauna, it was almost time to go to airport. We went to our hotel and got our bags back and headed to airport. When we arrived, it snows....We are lucky enough to see snow while our journey was not disturbed....we are blessed.

As we were taking a very early flight back to HK (3:xx am flight), the monorail has no one riding except my wife and I.

And that concludes our wonderful weekend.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #26 on: 08 January 2015, 15:39:35 »
The last time I went to Seoul was in 1998. At that time, there was a compulsory guide to take you around. This time I found a more open, modern and relaxing Seoul which I think it is a good place to spend a short holiday.

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2015, 09:31:00 »
The evening we went to 龍山站. This is a big transportation exchange, but we went there for a Korean sauna (汗蒸幕). The entrance of the sauna looks like a night club or something.....

This place is quite attractive.  When will u arrange one for our mid-40's StB alumni trip?
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2015, 13:46:05 »
This place is quite attractive.  When will u arrange one for our mid-40's StB alumni trip?

Yes, this one is fun. You may even bring you luggage and store there, to save the hotel cost  ;D

Want to go? I can arrange at anytime as you wish.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: 24 January 2015, 13:45:25 »
After we checked in, we went find something to eat before we went to our first sightseeing spot. We went to a BBQ shop at Sinchuen (新川) area. The interesting thing was that they do not offer you a seat, a stand up BBQ. Food is nice, but the sauce is excellent, we enjoyed the sauce more than the food actually.

Friend told me about this place in Tokyo, hiring *** chefs, cooking up very nice food but at cheap price. The place have no seat, so they can turn 7+ times per table per day!