Author Topic: Kansai Japan 日本關西  (Read 113626 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Kansai Japan 日本關西
« Reply #80 on: 13 October 2015, 12:55:27 »
For shopping, we planned to go to marketplace first. 錦市場 Market Kan has a long history selling a lot of local meat and vegetable. Before we got there, we passed by Higashihoganji (東本願寺) This one is much bigger than the Nishihonganji (西本願寺) . No pictures again, I only took a picture of its door......
« Last Edit: 14 October 2015, 10:39:25 by hangchoi »
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #81 on: 13 October 2015, 13:02:40 »
Next day we went back to Osaka. Our first spot was to have sushi in an old shop. This shop has over 100 years history making sushi. The dishes look simple but the sushi was yummy. The shop is located at Keihan station (京橋站)

After our lunch we went to Nakanoshima Park (中之島公園). Here is the city center with lots of government buildings, museum, etc. Surprisingly they are showing the rubber duck.......we miss it.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #82 on: 13 October 2015, 13:05:16 »
The lawn is used to be a place for hanging out. On Sunday, the park will turn into a flea market and some artists will show some of their artifact.......The mermaid is made of sands, you may compare with the people at the back to see the size...

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #83 on: 13 October 2015, 13:09:37 »
Our last supper was eaten somewhere near Namba. A Japanese friend of my wife recommended a shop for us. This shop mainly serves cuisine with Sea Bream (鯛魚). Though I do not like fish very much, but the food was very good......What a nice dinner before we were back to HK.....

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: 17 November 2015, 13:15:39 »
Our last supper was eaten somewhere near Namba. A Japanese friend of my wife recommended a shop for us. This shop mainly serves cuisine with Sea Bream (鯛魚). Though I do not like fish very much, but the food was very good......What a nice dinner before we were back to HK.....

Very specialized. They have the time and heart to do specialized things, and the market supports it.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #85 on: 18 November 2015, 11:16:43 »
Very specialized. They have the time and heart to do specialized things, and the market supports it.

Yes, I think it is part of their culture and they people really like to pass their tradition along. There are lot of shops doing specialized things, we once thought of going to a shop for Fugu (河豚) but we dare not to   ;D