Author Topic: anyone keeping fishes at home???  (Read 119180 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: anyone keeping fishes at home???
« Reply #70 on: 27 November 2009, 22:13:36 »
Very nice!

I hope you will be successful like ADA.

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #71 on: 28 November 2009, 12:05:21 »
I think I am crazy & stupid now...

CIPS (China International Pets Show) 16-19 Nov 2009

好正呀!  ;D

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #72 on: 01 February 2010, 10:59:12 »
I just visited some Nemo farms in Thai, I found out that if all other marine tropical fishes can breed like Nemo, then keeping an aquarium at home would be really easy, coz after testing in my own tanks, these artifically propagated Nemo can easily adapt our tank environment, and the most important thing is they are "bateria-free"...i.e. we don't need to do any quarantine work and can direct into the tank after their adapting the new temperature...

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #73 on: 01 February 2010, 11:01:01 »

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: 01 February 2010, 15:44:16 »
How come they are "bacteria-free"?
It's specific to can-breed or they own quality control procedures?

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #75 on: 04 February 2010, 00:36:50 »
well, when I said bacteria free, it's not 100% free of all bacteria...what I mean is that since they are not born in natural ocean and the harboring environment (the fish tank) is already free of most diseases, like white spot, fungi....so when customers buy them, such kind of Nemo can simply adapt the new (or change) temperature, and no need to "experience" the quarantine procedure which is a touture to marine fish coz the first thing first of quanantine procedure is putting the marine fish in fresh water, you can imagine how the fish feels...

So, I dream some days later if the scientists can discover how to breed all marine fishes in lab / artificial environment, then keeping marine aquarium would be really simple & care-free... at the moment, certain corals (particular hard coral) can asexually propagated already...

8) 8) 8) 

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #76 on: 04 February 2010, 17:02:44 »
project in Zhongshan classy restaurant  4.2m long tank, we are still working on it....  ;D ;D ;D

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: 05 February 2010, 00:17:24 »
I see. So the small fishes do not need to go through the quarantine procedure when migrating to the eventual tank.

I was thinking about what you told me the other day about the margin of the breeders. Perhaps their cost structure is very heavy on fixed cost?! Thus the margin on variable cost may be high, but after factor in the fixed overhead, the overall margin is reasonable but not too outrageous. At least not on a long term basis. Otherwise there will be lots of capital going into the business.

well, when I said bacteria free, it's not 100% free of all bacteria...what I mean is that since they are not born in natural ocean and the harboring environment (the fish tank) is already free of most diseases, like white spot, fungi....so when customers buy them, such kind of Nemo can simply adapt the new (or change) temperature, and no need to "experience" the quarantine procedure which is a touture to marine fish coz the first thing first of quanantine procedure is putting the marine fish in fresh water, you can imagine how the fish feels...

So, I dream some days later if the scientists can discover how to breed all marine fishes in lab / artificial environment, then keeping marine aquarium would be really simple & care-free... at the moment, certain corals (particular hard coral) can asexually propagated already...

8) 8) 8) 

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #78 on: 01 March 2010, 16:35:43 »
I can't imagine it happened to our tank.....

we have an aquarium project for a high-end chinese restaurant in Zhongshan, I was told by my colleague last week that the boss has put "a big fish" into our tank....oh my goddness!!!

>:( >:( >:(

somebody told the difference bewteen stupid & ignorant some days ago......now I know the difference

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #79 on: 01 March 2010, 20:23:59 »
I can't imagine it happened to our tank.....

we have an aquarium project for a high-end chinese restaurant in Zhongshan, I was told by my colleague last week that the boss has put "a big fish" into our tank....oh my goddness!!!

>:( >:( >:(

somebody told the difference bewteen stupid & ignorant some days ago......now I know the difference

Don't 升班 . . . . . . yummy  . .  .  ;D