Author Topic: Taipei Trip again (Dec 2012)  (Read 57853 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Taipei Trip again (Dec 2012)
« Reply #30 on: 03 March 2014, 12:01:09 »
I saw the first one in his museum in Taipei, the second one is the new one, mainly with white colour. These sculptures were made by speed cutting on wood. I was told that each piece (person) only took him 3-5 minutes.
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #31 on: 03 March 2014, 12:06:49 »
The theme of this exhibition is "Sculpturing the living work". A sub-title of it is called "念", which is about the idea that our life totally depends on what we think. Exhibits under this sub-titles are something I am familiar with and posted in here before. The last photo is one of his new work, which means that human being develops square/cube (implied meaning of rules and constraints) but such square/cube restricts or minds as well as our physical being.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #32 on: 03 March 2014, 12:12:22 »
The far end of this picture shows a row of pink lady sitting on a bench, which is an old one I saw in Taipei and posted here before.

The closer set of sculptures is his new work. This is the first time I saw him using stainless steel. A series of metal work portraits some models with white swimsuit. Figure lines are smooth this time, unlike his previous work.