Author Topic: Macau Grand Prix 2012 澳門格蘭披治大賽車  (Read 85854 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: Macau Grand Prix 2012 澳門格蘭披治大賽車
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2012, 01:00:50 »
I am staying in the Grand Lisboa this time. My room is overlooking the Lisboa Corner of the race track!

So 7:30 or so in the morning, I already heard Vroom Vroom Vroom, from the moterbike practice runs. I took the last picture from my bath tub.

This is the first time I watch racing live. It was REALLY loud!

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: 18 November 2012, 01:28:58 »
Today (17-Nov Sat) I went to the Lisboa Stand, where the ticket is most expenive. Why? See below.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 18 November 2012, 01:34:19 »
The Lisboa corner is one of the most dangerous spot in the track. It's at the end of a long wide stretch where race cars can run very fast. The corner is a 90 degree turn. Thus if the driver is not careful, it's one of the most likely spot to have accident.

You can see righ after the turn, the cushing on the far side is special. The guy sat next to me said the wires can catch cars. Whatever is means. The crane at the inside corner is ready to pick up the wreckage if any car hit the side.

The first pic is an example of the driver lost control, and lost lots of position for that mistake.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2012, 01:42:09 »
The eventual winner & the runner up.

In the first picture, the blue car #33 was in the 4th position. By the last lap, it caught up to be the 2nd right behind the front runner.

The 2nd pic shows another attempt by the blue car driver to past the front runner.

I was told by my friend that the blue car driver is a young guy doing very well in races, but always seconds and thirds. The winner in the red car #27 is a very experienced driver in his 40s.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 18 November 2012, 01:44:31 »
My friend's car.

He did not finish. I was told that he hit some oil slicks on the road, and the car lost control. He's fine without injury.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: 18 November 2012, 01:49:16 »
This is how accodent can happen at the Lisboa Corner.

Car 55 is in the same team as my friend's 28. I was told that the driver of 55 rented the car from my friend to join the race. I did not ask details, but I think it means someone is trying to be in the race, but has no vehicle or certain qualification, thus rent the space and/or car from other people.

If you see the track mark, you can see the momentum is pushing the car straight to the wall. But the wheels are tured to the other way. I was told that the wheels were locked. (Again, whatever it means...)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 18 November 2012, 01:53:11 »
This is one of the most eye catching cars in the GT race. This is the qualifying round. The second picture shows how the starter directing the start.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: 18 November 2012, 01:57:07 »
I saw him yesterday. Whatever is happening around him, he just focuses on his job of cleaning the wheels!

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 18 November 2012, 01:59:40 »
Vroom, Vroom.......

They came, then gone in half of a second.

It's hard to take good picture in the Grand Stand. Not only the cars pass fast, the wire net also tricks the camera to focus wrongly.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: 18 November 2012, 02:01:48 »
The easiest subject to take pictures are either the car in display in the paddock, or the racing girls.

Since I don't know anything about cars, I have no idea what's a fancy car, what equipments are special, what insignia is whatever.... So I focus on the girls.

The following posts are all racing girls...  ;D

Again, none of the pictures are processed other than resized. In a few days, I will attempt to post process some of the pictures and compare to the originals. Perhaps you can tell how much difference it makes with post shooting process.