Author Topic: 我的易武茶 My Yiwu Tea  (Read 113988 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: 我的易武茶 My Yiwu Tea
« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2009, 00:05:06 »
My Custom Order of 2009 Spring Yiwu Tea

Last night Zheng started to sell his 2009 Spring tea in the mainland, and each tea cake goes for RMB200 because of limited availability! We must have taken a very large share of his 09 Spring production.

The other 6 boxes arrived today (22-May-09). And this was what I found in the office.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2009, 00:16:40 »

Most boxes are fine but one was badly damaged. A few tea cakes had the packaging ripped, but no real damage.

oo8 ordered 3 stacks all with his personal seal at the back of the Nei Fei also. And now the teas are sitting in my office waiting to be picked up.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2009, 00:17:33 »

A few more pic.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 10 June 2009, 02:08:13 »

The new tea we ordered from Mr Zheng was from his family's tea land in 郑家梁子.

Another guy Huang Yun is a teacher at the Yiwu Central School, and also a tea mechant. My first Yiwu tea was purchased from him. Huang posted this diagrams and descriptions.

易武各山位置介绍
易武 的古树应该有两个代表,一个是麻黑一条线:就是 荒田----曼秀-----三丘田----郑家梁子---落水洞----麻黑---大漆树为代表 。 另一条为高山 -----三合-----田坝----易比-----丁家寨。

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 21 April 2010, 00:54:56 »
oo8, is this the part that 貫致駺 quoted in his article/blog? Do you have the URL?

Tea H was from a guy, Mr Zheng, whose family has been owning and working on the same patch of land of tea trees for generations, except during the Cultural Revolution period.

Zheng visited Hong Kong jn Jul 08 and had spent a few hours with us drinking his new tea and our aged tea. The newest in our tea was Tea B (99 Green Big Tree), and Mr Zheng really liked it and confirmed that it was Yiwu. However he did not really appreciate the older aged fine Puer, like our Simplied Zhong Cha or my Small Yellow Mark.

This was no surprise to us, since collecting and drinking aged Puer has long been a Cantonese or Hong Kong "thing". Traditionally Yunnan people drink only fresh tea like other green tea. There is no tradition of appreciating old tea or the knowhow to age them properly. By now, many fine aged Puer tea are totally out of reach for almost all tea producers - not only the good one are hard to find, the price has gone up to much that I doubt many of them would pay >$20000 for a Small Yellow Mark, or $10000 for a Simplied Zhong Cha, or even the Green Big Tree at RMB1400 a piece.

I wrote a long discussion in a public tea forum after having tea with Mr Zheng. My point was that now tea producers who has no idea how Puer age are producing "new Puer" to a mass market of consumers who also has no idea how an aged Puer taste like. Can we still expect the newly produced tea would be able to age to the taste we like now?

Anyway, there is not much we can do.

I have been trying Zheng's 07 Spring tea a few times, and find it quite good and may age to a fine tea in perhaps 10 years (relatively short in Puer terms.) I also thought that 09 may be a good year to stock up some new tea, since the market was not as crazy as few years back, and the tea trees may have enough time to grow and nurture.

I decided to buy 2 stacks (total 14 tea cakes of 357g each cake), and posted the following in tea fourm on 8-Apr-09 and asked if anyone would like to tag along.

The result was a huge surprise.

---

09易武春茶

舊年7月有位雲南做茶的鄭先生來了香港旅遊。我和幾位師兄跟他喝過他自己做的茶和我們的綠大樹,中茶間,和小黃印認真配方。後來我在香討上寫了篇“和雲南茶農的對話”。這裏有幾位師兄可能還記得那次茶聚。

鄭的正職是政府質檢部門人員。他的父母在鄭家梁子打理茶園。鄭在一些大陸的茶網上的名字是“古茶園”。

我買過幾餅他的純料茶,那時問過他為什麼會有自己的茶園。他說因為“1730年我祖先來到鄭家梁子開辟了現今這片古茶園,新中國成立後入為合作社,1981年實行農村土地承包責任制後,又按原祖輩開墾的歸還給其後代承包。”

他的茶的味道跟黃雲,廣雲福的麻黑茶味道都差不多,比較柔柔甜甜的。是不是這就是正宗易武味就不知道。他喝我們的紅票綠大樹時,鄭說那是正宗的易武味,他希望自己的茶他日也是那種味。

幾天前我問他今年什麼時候出春茶?大概什麼價錢?他的回應是“5月初就可以銷售了,價格800元/筒(7片)。代我向其他幾位茶又問好啊!”

我會同他定兩筒。有興趣搭單或試他的茶的出聲,我還有1餅他的07春茶和秋茶。

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #25 on: 21 April 2010, 01:43:41 »
oo8, is this the part that 貫致駺 quoted in his article/blog? Do you have the URL?

http://cforum5.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=1877566&extra=page%3D3

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 21 April 2010, 01:49:06 »
How does he found out about this site? Google?

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #27 on: 21 April 2010, 01:51:27 »
How does he found out about this site? Google?

no idea  . . .  ::)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 01 June 2010, 22:43:42 »
My Custom Order of 2010 Spring Yiwu Tea 易武鄭家樑子定製茶

I wasn't sure to order this year. But one of my friends requested the order. So here we go again.

The design of the Nei Fei. The photo was taken in Lamma Island in Mar 2009.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: 01 June 2010, 22:46:09 »
My Custom Order of 2010 Spring Yiwu Tea 易武鄭家樑子定製茶

One of the toners of my color laser was low, thus the lost of blue in some of the Nei Fei. But the effect came out quite aright.