Author Topic: Club Med Yabuli (Dec-2011)  (Read 38268 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: Club Med Yabuli (Dec-2011)
« Reply #20 on: 26 December 2011, 01:17:56 »
A friend of mine is thinking of going to Club Med Yabuli, and he asked my to take pictures of the hotel. So here are some pictures of our suite.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: 26 December 2011, 01:19:04 »
The bath room is very big with heated floor, and view of the ski slopes.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 26 December 2011, 01:22:23 »
On the way to the airport, we passed the city of Harbin. The city is preparing for the upcoming Ice Sculpture Festival in January. Many street corners has ice blocks piled up, at different stages of finishing.

The structures in these pictures are the very large sculptures. Quality is not too good since it's taken inside a moving bus. But still you can see the scale.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 26 December 2011, 01:44:09 »
The journey to this Club Med takes about 1 whole day. First is the flight from Hong Kong to Harbin, which took about 4 hours. Then about another 4 hours by highway to reach the town of Yabuli.

The food in Club Med is mainly served in the dinning hall in buffet style. Everyday either Mudan (hotpot) or Bianco (Italian) would be opened for booking, but you have to book in the morning of the day before to secure a table. All food are paid for so there is no additional cost. In terms of good quality I would rank Italian > hotpot > buffet.

Inside Club Med is a spa with the L'Occitane brand. We went for message everyday after skiing. The most logic time, thus the hardest to book time, is 16:30 because the ski lift closes at 16:00 and everyone would return to the hotel and waiting for dinner. A 90-min session cost RMB1,100. At the time of our visit, there is a buy-6-get-1-free promotion. The rooms are clean and good but very noisy because of the air ventilation system. If you want a quiet room, ask for a room in the upstairs. I think only 2 or 3 of the 9 rooms are upstairs.

Every other night or so they would have a dance in the Star Bar. Many of their G.O. staff would attend the dance. I think it's a good way for their own staff to relax and mingle. After all, where is there to do in the cool mountain with nothing else in walking distance. There are two types of staff there - the basis service staff (house keeping or restaurant) with uniform, and the GOs who direct activities and co-mingle with guests. GOs do not seem to have uniform but only wearing a badge to identify themselves. The GOs are all young people, friendly, from different countries, and probably all likes to party. (The entertainment chief told me that when they come for job interview, the first question is whether they like to party, and if yes, then they are hired. It's most likely just a joke, but may have some truth in it.)

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #24 on: 26 December 2011, 07:47:15 »
thanks for sharing....

by the way, how cold it could be...-50C   ??? ??? ???

so freezing....

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: 26 December 2011, 09:29:48 »
thanks for sharing....

by the way, how cold it could be...-50C   ??? ??? ???

so freezing....

-20c.
but with the wind chill, it felt a lot colder...