Author Topic: 台中行 TAICHUNG [ plus 高雄 KOAHISUNG ]  (Read 87871 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: 台中行 TAICHUNG and 高雄 KOAHSIUNG
« Reply #60 on: 14 April 2016, 11:22:03 »
What airline?

The power of Facebook. There is a page that my wife has subscribed which tells you any recent special offers of air tickets, hotels, etc.

The tickets were bought at Expedia. The airline from Koahsiung to HK is Dragonair. From HK to Paris and Amsterdam to HK, the airline is Lufthansia, both transit at Munich.

BTW, this is the first time I flighted by Lufthansia, I found it quite good. Very soft landing, spacious seat (My flight was A330 to Munich. If you fly to Frankfurt for Amsterdam as first stop, you will fly A380)
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: 台中行 TAICHUNG
« Reply #61 on: 14 April 2016, 11:28:26 »
What's the history of the dealing between Qing & British?

Nothing special actually. Koahsiung was a big port at that time and it was all about import/export business after the signing of Tianjin Treaty (天津條約).

You can see a copy of the 馬關條約 between Qing and Japan there too.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: 台中行 TAICHUNG [ plus 高雄 KOAHISUNG ]
« Reply #62 on: 14 April 2016, 11:33:30 »
Taiwan is really more like Japanese than Chinese.

I concur. It had a rather long Japan-occupied period. Culture-wise, it is a mix of both Chinese and Japanese. Use of words, translation, architecture, life style etc. Indeed during the WW2, Taiwanese was a source of military force of Japan, so there were some Taiwan indigenous actually took part in the invasion to South East Asia, or even China.