Author Topic: 台中行 TAICHUNG [ plus 高雄 KOAHISUNG ]  (Read 82751 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: 台中行 TAICHUNG
« Reply #50 on: 07 April 2016, 21:46:51 »
This picture was taken at the ambassador's house to oversee the consulate.
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #51 on: 07 April 2016, 21:51:06 »
Another place to go was the Pier-2 Art Center (駁二藝術特區). This was a quayside godwin which was renovated to house various art creation center. It has a cinema, some restaurants, book store, art gallery, etc. The food path around those storerooms has various sculptures or model and the facade of the buildings are full of painting.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #52 on: 07 April 2016, 21:53:06 »
This artwork is made of straws. I like the narrow and deep toilet of this area as the layout fits perfectly. 

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #53 on: 07 April 2016, 21:55:38 »
After that, we walked back to our hotel area. We en-routed to the Rosary to take a look, but it was close on the day we visited.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #54 on: 07 April 2016, 22:01:16 »
Before we took our bag to airport, we went to a bakery named Wupaochun (吳寶春). This guy won an international competition in bakery. Then he was invited by an entrepreneur to open a shop in Koahsiung. He was given a lease of the shop for 3 year rent free. His bread is famous and you will see a long queue waiting to go into there to buy.

The shop even has a list telling you which type of bread would be finished at what time.  :o

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #55 on: 07 April 2016, 22:03:35 »
The shop is well decorated. Breads are yummy and nice. I found that he used some out-of-box ingredients to make bread. We bought a few as our afternoon tea.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #56 on: 07 April 2016, 22:06:20 »
That concludes our trip. I found that Tai Chung and Koahsiung are two vibrant cities in Taiwan. People are friendly and nice, very forthcoming. The government is trying to consolidating the use of electronic money and the entrepreneur is willing to take business venture. I look forward to seeing these cities going prosperous in near future, especially after the change of government.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: 台中行 TAICHUNG and 高雄 KOAHSIUNG
« Reply #57 on: 13 April 2016, 16:32:21 »
I went to Tai Chung and Koahsiung during CNY this year. The reason was that I got a rather cheap air ticket to Europe last year. The ticket was a bit funny because it required you to depart from any airport in Taiwan, then transit in HK to any European city. The final destination of the ticket is HK. Since I had planned to go to Europe in March, I decided to buy a one-way ticket to Tai Chung during CNY and used this cheap ticket back to HK from Taiwan, using its first part. Then I stayed in HK for a month or so and went to Europe in the end of March.

In addition to Tai Chung, Koahsiung was another place that I went to. This was my first time to go to Koahsiung.

What airline?

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: 13 April 2016, 16:40:10 »
The next stop was Takao British Consulate (打狗英國領事館). It is a famous tour spot with its history about the dealing between Qing Dynasty and British Government. The consulate building was not big but the living place of the ambassador was huge. You have to walk up the hill to reach the ambassador's house.

The first two pictures shows the existing decoration of the consulate. There is an air-raid shelter next to the consulate.

What's the history of the dealing between Qing & British?

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: 台中行 TAICHUNG [ plus 高雄 KOAHISUNG ]
« Reply #59 on: 13 April 2016, 16:40:53 »
Taiwan is really more like Japanese than Chinese.