Author Topic: Strauss-Kahn "rape" case  (Read 10439 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Strauss-Kahn "rape" case
« on: 03 July 2011, 03:33:51 »
As soon as it happened, I thought it did not make sense, and some of you may have heard me comment on it.

In my mind now it's almost certainly a setup, or at least someone is taking advantage of Strauss-Kahn weakness. The question now is what was the motivation - for profit or politically motivated?

And if you look back to news in the US media and sentiments at the time, you can see how easy it was to whip up public opinion. Especially when the public thought they were getting the truth from the media.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I am not sympathetic to the guy - he's asking for trouble being a womanizer and holding high profile position at the same time.)

Offline q

• Quan
Re: Strauss-Kahn "rape" case
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2011, 11:28:28 »
One thing that I read in the media reports, and found very strange, was that he called the hotel (from the airport) to ask about his missing phone (and some maybe some other incidentals). I just find it hard to believe someone attempting to flee the country (which was the what I implied from the news reports) would give away his location like that.  Further to that I don't recall reading in the news that the flight he was on when arrested was anything but his scheduled flight.