Author Topic: Zhang Jia Jie, China 張家界 (Mar/Apr 2002)  (Read 55259 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Canola
« Reply #20 on: 08 February 2009, 12:52:55 »
At the time of the visit, we can still see many canola fields blooming. We saw this one on the way to Huang Long (黃龍).

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Collapsed
« Reply #21 on: 08 February 2009, 12:53:14 »
On the way to Wang Lung, we found the direct route was blocked off because a section of the road collapsed the previous day.

Like drivers in any developing country, our driver decided to talk his way through the road block and press on. We managed to squeeze through this collapsed section like the van pictured here.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Watching The Paint Dry
« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2009, 12:53:42 »
At the end of the road section that was partially collapsed, we found a road block blocking traffic enter from the other side.

Workers were working on erecting and painting the road block (partially visible on the right) while villagers look on. They seem to have all the time in the work to watch the pain drying.

While our driver talk to the workers to let us out, I took this picture from the front passenger seat, through the driver side window.

When I show this picture to my father, his comment was that these people are not too poor, because they live in brick houses, instead of mud houses. Indeed Hunan used to be one of the poorest area in China. Now with tourism money, at least this part of Hunan is prospering.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Elf Castle
« Reply #23 on: 08 February 2009, 12:54:07 »
At the first sight of this, my thought was of Elf castle and such.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Huang Long
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2009, 12:54:27 »
Another view from the Wang Lung sight seeing area. Wang Lung seems to be bigger than Tien Tsz Shan.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Squat
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2009, 12:54:57 »
Squat - the national sport of mainland China. This picture was taken in Jin Bian Xi (金邊溪).

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Sign
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2009, 12:55:22 »
See the way they wrote the English description. You got to give them credit for trying.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Forest Path
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2009, 12:55:49 »
We spent about two hours walking along the Jin Bien Qi. Very nice walk and highly recommended for anyone visiting the area.

If you don't want to walk, you can also hire a sedan chair, like the people coming toward the camera.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Resting
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2009, 12:56:31 »
Sedan chair carriers resting at one end of the Jin Bian Xi.

After I took this picture, the guy standing on the left was making noises and threaten to "kill" me. Not a normal thing to said to potential customers.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Chairman Mao
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2009, 12:56:52 »
Another drive-by shooting with my Contax T3 camera.

We were en route to the airport when I saw this shop. I guess Chairman Mao is still looking after them.