Author Topic: 學習眺那星  (Read 34851 times)

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
學習眺那星
« on: 02 June 2011, 15:22:16 »
Few days ago I went to Tai O Mum to take star photos.  It was the very first time I went by myself to the countryside in recent years.  I thought it was easy to went by oneself as I did that sooooooo many times WHEN I WAS YOUNG.  But it turned out I  was reluctant to go.

It was 30st May around 1:00am.  It was when I spent about 10 min setting up the equipments, some dogs were wandering around me, thought they were just curious about what I was doing.  They looked friendly ...

My original plan were to take star trail photos (photos that illustrate the path of star, usually they looked circular), but due to lack of time (mentioned below), I only took a few star photos and then post-process by so-called 'stacking' software.

After I took 45 mins or so, some other dogs from nowhere started barking, and seems the friendly one started getting angry by these unknown dogs.  And then I left immediately.

Here are the photos I had.

« Last Edit: 04 June 2011, 01:40:37 by kido »
Hey, diddle, diddle ! The cat and the fiddle.

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
Re: 學習眺那星
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2011, 01:45:26 »
Another one.

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2011, 01:53:00 »
To increase the interest, this is an overlay of the above photos with the Constellations we know.

In short, these are :

- Sagittarius 人馬
- Scorpius 天蠍
- Libra 天秤
- Corona Australis 南冕
- Cygnus 天鵝

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2011, 18:30:09 »
The effect is not back, consider you took these in HK where light pollution is quite serious.

If you can shrink the attachment first, then the loading may get a bit faster. :)

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2011, 18:58:30 »
I tried not to modify the color of the photo to preserve all details, however it looked so yellowish, now I still don't know why, maybe some expert here can tell me.... ???

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2011, 19:07:01 »
I tried not to modify the color of the photo to preserve all details, however it looked so yellowish, now I still don't know why, maybe some expert here can tell me.... ???

Maybe the long exposure? City lights generally a bit warm.

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2011, 19:14:49 »
Maybe the long exposure? City lights generally a bit warm.

Yes maybe, all these photos exposed 30-40 seconds, based on my limited time trial-and-error, smaller ISO (<3200) will make the sky darker. My ISO here are generally 2000+, so if I had another chance, I would try ISO < 1000 to test it out!!!

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2011, 20:21:08 »
should have done that in TianXiang/Taiwan!!!  In HongKong, you can easily see the tree etc.  It doesn't look like night-sky.
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #8 on: 05 June 2011, 00:05:41 »
should have done that in TianXiang/Taiwan!!!  In HongKong, you can easily see the tree etc.  It doesn't look like night-sky.

I tell you what: In fact I had kept close eye on the sky in TianXiang during the long bus trip. And after the dinner in the hotel, I went out the balcony specifically for the sky to see whether it was suitable for "scenic astrophotographing".   ;D ;D ;D ;D  But obviously the sky was cloudy and not suitable at all. ....

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #9 on: 05 June 2011, 11:09:28 »
I tell you what: In fact I had kept close eye on the sky in TianXiang during the long bus trip. And after the dinner in the hotel, I went out the balcony specifically for the sky to see whether it was suitable for "scenic astrophotographing".   ;D ;D ;D ;D  But obviously the sky was cloudy and not suitable at all. ....
smartkid!!
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。