Author Topic: 馮公俠馮少俠 象牙印章微雕 Micro Crave on Ivory  (Read 27689 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
These nice stuff are not mine, unfortunately.

My friend CP collected these works of fine craft, all by the Feng father and son team. Some of the pieces really shows the characteristics of ivory.

All of these are seal sets including a case, the case cover, and the seal block inside. The small square boxes is to store the red mineral ink 硃砂 if the set is put to practical use. In China, and Chinese cultural spheres including Japan, Korea, and part of SE Asia, seal sets like these used to be very common People carry their personal seal for contracts, banking transactions, etc... In the mainland China, the seal still carry more weight than signature for legal documents.

For fine crafts like these, they are considered works of art and toys, not really craved as personal seal.

The cork is there to show the scale. Each Chinese character on cover and the seal block is less than 1mm! I couldn't read the characters easily.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2011, 00:03:59 by chin »

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: 馮公俠馮少俠 象牙印章微雕 Micro Crave on Ivory
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2011, 23:01:35 »
The first set  is made by the father 馮公俠. The cover is plain ivory without craving. The very poem in very small character says

山水未深猿鳥少
此生猶擬别移居
直過天竺溪流上
獨樹為橋小結廬

It describes a hermit like living in the hills, not a care for the world.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2011, 23:10:22 »
Another nice set by the father 馮公俠. Maybe this one is old? The color ink is came off quite a bit in a few places.

The side of the casing shows nice ivory patterns.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2011, 23:13:58 »
Again the work by the father. Maybe the material is also older and nicer - the ivory pattern on the side of the case is very nice.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2011, 23:24:04 »
The last piece by the father. This one is just the seal block without casing. The poem describes a nice autumn evening tour in the scenic lake or river.

秋水接天三萬頃
晚山連樹一千重
呼他小艇過湖去
臥看斜陽江上峰

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2011, 23:47:15 »
This piece is craved by the son 馮少俠 who died in 2001 at the age of 79!

This piece could be a work at his old age, as the poem on the case cover roughly translates "The hero is old but his heart is not, He's standing tall in the world pondering his moves."
英雄老去心猶壯
獨立滄茫有所思

The writing in the seal block is 沙鷗浦雁應驚訝 一舉扶搖直上天 which again through the eye of the crane convey the message that the person is very able, and will one day be somebody. (Just who is this "person"?)

Too bad when I took the pictures I forgot to turned off the light right on top of me, and the case cover now has two orange light bars..

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2011, 23:59:55 »
Another one craved by the son 馮少俠. The tiger cover says 莽莽風雲 乾坤獨秀 崛起山林 英雄寫照 which is used in many tiger themed paintings and art works.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2011, 00:02:10 »
The last one bu the Feng Jr. This ivory looks very old, and the casing and case cover were from the same piece of raw material?!

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2011, 00:02:45 »
These last two pictures show the texture of the ivory.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2011, 03:21:36 »
A friend of mine requested close up pictures of the "calligraphy".

First the father's work.

Do you notice that almost all mountains has 3 peaks?!