Author Topic: Vietnam-ho chi minh(越南-胡志明市)  (Read 78100 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Long Thanh Golf Club
« Reply #30 on: 03 May 2011, 03:04:13 »
The Long Thanh Golf Club is further away from the city than Vietnam Golf & Country Club.

But it was by far the much better course. The golf course is built on hills and they made good use of the contour. The caddies were very professional, just like those in the top rated course we played in the mainland China. They were attentive, able to anticipate your needs, and know the course well.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Long Thanh Golf Club
« Reply #31 on: 03 May 2011, 03:06:21 »
The course was well maintained and clean. Although some may say also very artificial.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Long Thanh Golf Club
« Reply #32 on: 03 May 2011, 03:09:43 »
One of the Par 3 holes.

If your eyes are good enough, you can see one ball on the green, one in the bunker, one on the edge of the green near the bunker, and one yellow ball about 10 yards on the right of the green.

And you all know who plays yellow balls.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Long Thanh Golf Club
« Reply #33 on: 03 May 2011, 03:10:34 »
Q rescuing the ball from a bunker.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Long Thanh Golf Club
« Reply #34 on: 03 May 2011, 03:11:34 »
Two more pics taken in Long Thanh Golf Club.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Song Be Golf Resort
« Reply #35 on: 03 May 2011, 03:15:29 »
Song Be has three 9-hole course - Lotus, Palm & Desert.

On checking in, we saw the sign that says Palm was "coring", so we chose to play Lotus then Desert. We then found out that the sign was incorrect as it was Desert that was coring. No wonder no one else played in "desert".

It was a very hot day.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Song Be Golf Resort
« Reply #36 on: 03 May 2011, 03:20:23 »
In my opinion, the Song Be courses are un-interesting, yet difficult.

The caddies were just slightly better than those in Vietnam GCC. After teed off in one hole, q's ball ended up maybe 30 yards ahead of mine. In the second shot, my caddy told me that I was 200 yards away. Then when q hit his shot, his caddy again told him that he's 200 yards away!

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Song Be Golf Resort
« Reply #37 on: 03 May 2011, 03:22:26 »
I had a birdie on a Par 5 in the desert course, and also caught this birdie.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Song Be Golf Resort
« Reply #38 on: 03 May 2011, 03:23:10 »
Not an easy shot to get out of.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Golf in Vietnam HCM City
« Reply #39 on: 03 May 2011, 03:30:00 »
Of the three golf courses we played, Long Thanh is the only one that I would like to re-visit in the future. The holes are interesting, nicely designed. The caddies are professional and nice.

Vietnam Golf & Country Club has the best club house, and close to the city. But the caddies are not professional, not attentive or cannot anticipate the needs of golfers, and generally not paying enough attention.

Song Be is very village, for the lack of better words. It's right in the middle of some village, with a few holes next to some village houses. The caddies were very "village" too - that they were nice, happy, but not very professional.