Author Topic: 中學畢業旅行 之 台灣遊 (2011年3月)  (Read 105940 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: 中學畢業旅行 之 台灣遊 (2011年3月)
« Reply #10 on: 05 April 2011, 00:20:26 »
Yet another random shot taken in Jiufen.

Before moving on to other area/subject, I would like to make the observation that most of the stuff on sell in the main tourist spot 九份老街 had nothing to do with Jiufen, nor they local. The good are sold there because tourists are in buying mood in general.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 05 April 2011, 00:28:42 »
In the evening of the first day, we went to Maokong 貓空(不是毛孔喔)for the famous tea cafes. Maokong is sitting on a little hill overlooking Taipei.

Our vehicle passed a directory quickly and at a glance, there must be 50+ tea cafe in the area. We just pick the first one with a nice open view and stopped. My friend should have some pictures of the cafe we went.

The system there work like this - we pick a tea from the house, plus a fee of NT$50 per head. We picked a NT$600 tea (which is nice but hugely over priced) and ordered some food. We ended up mostly drinking our own Puer tea, and played the Bang! card game. Food wise, the vegetable dishes were fine by the soup we ordered was really tasteless other then MSG taste.  ???

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 05 April 2011, 00:32:03 »
The next morning, after visiting the Palace Museum in the morning, we went to Danshui Fisherman's Wharf 淡水漁人碼頭, then the local tourist trap 淡水老街。

This is the landmark bridge at the 淡水漁人碼頭. The place is really a working fisherman's wharf. We saw fishermen unloading buckets after buckets of fishes on the ground. Then later someone, presumably the buyer, would pick up the fishes from the ground to an ice box.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 05 April 2011, 00:36:31 »
I later found out that the area where I took these pictures were supposedly restricted access area.

But then I think we were not the only ones. This photographer was enjoying his time there.

In fact in the same place there was a sign that says "ship hands from the mainland are not allowed to leave the restricted area".

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2011, 00:40:53 »
After the wharf, we moved on to the Danshui town, where there are lots of shops catering to tourists between the see front and the main street. More shopping!

And more random shots.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2011, 00:43:31 »
The seaside path was really a nice walk. At the head end there was a little bar where people can just sit down and enjoy the sun set.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2011, 01:04:18 »
In the evening of the second day, we arrived at Jiaoxi 礁溪. The area is famous for the hot spring resorts. This is the second time I visited a hot spring resort in Taiwan, and let's say I still have not learned to appreciate their way of "doing" hot spring.

The next day, we got up very early in the morning to play a round of golf in the local country club. This has to be the most "country" country club I have been to so far. It was a very enjoyable round. The caddies were old women, like the caddies we had in Phuket. (In the mainland China, the caddies are almost always young girls.) And the two caddies we had were the most funny caddies I had so far. They kept cracking jokes, and they read the greens very well too.

I was congratulated by the caddies for having the most cost effective round! (Lowest $/hit)  ;D

--- [my narration and photo continued in #49] ---
« Last Edit: 26 April 2011, 00:13:14 by chin »

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2011, 18:52:43 »
Here comes the betel nuts beauties. Woh oh. :D :D

Hey, diddle, diddle ! The cat and the fiddle.

Offline kido

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #18 on: 05 April 2011, 19:12:51 »
When we walked at the seashore in Danshui, it's the time when sun set. We took some very nice photos. (it's the best sunset photos for me so far)
Hey, diddle, diddle ! The cat and the fiddle.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: 05 April 2011, 20:48:36 »
When we walked at the seashore in Danshui, it's the time when sun set. We took some very nice photos. (it's the best sunset photos for me so far)

Nice pic!