Author Topic: Studio Portrait - Renee Chan (18-Nov-2010)  (Read 29678 times)

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
Re: Studio Portrait - Renee Chan (18-Nov-2010)
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2010, 19:49:20 »
though I just join a bit in the practise, but I really don't like the studio...or maybe the previous one is too good...particular we don't have to wait one-by-one..which is not fun at all...
No, shooting in studio should be one by one!  If more than 1 person shoot at one time, the flash lights will be interfered.  Model will be confused too.  It would be very impolite if you shoot while another photographer is shooting. 
The only limit is your creativity.

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2010, 19:58:53 »
Chin, are you shooting in 'RAW' format?  For Raw files, you can restore much details for under exposed area.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2010, 20:42:34 »
Chin, are you shooting in 'RAW' format?  For Raw files, you can restore much details for under exposed area.

Yes in RAW. I know I can do a lot of manipulations with the RAW files. I just don't know how and not yet learned. I don't even have Photoshop on my Mac, just using Aperture which is more of a management software than manipulation software.

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2010, 21:17:44 »

Yes in RAW. I know I can do a lot of manipulations with the RAW files. I just don't know how and not yet learned. I don't even have Photoshop on my Mac, just using Aperture which is more of a management software than manipulation software.
I think you know how to increase/decrease exposure by 'Lightroom/Aperture'.  Actually, Lightroom is a simplied version for Photoshop.  In Photoshop, you can adjust the exposure part by part in a picture.  This mean you can lighten up some dark area of your pic while maintaining the exposure for rest of the part.  I can show you how to do this next time. 

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2010, 21:22:53 »
Felix, good job!  Have you sharpened the pictures?  I found that some of your pics are very high in contrast.  What 'picture style' are you using?  For my D3X, I used standard picture style before but the portrait pics were very 'hard', not smooth.  Later, I downloaded the 'portrait' picture style from Nikon website, problem was solved.  I am not sure if you know this or not.  Just for sharing, enjoyed shooting with you that night. ::)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2010, 21:48:02 »
I think you know how to increase/decrease exposure by 'Lightroom/Aperture'.  Actually, Lightroom is a simplied version for Photoshop.  In Photoshop, you can adjust the exposure part by part in a picture.  This mean you can lighten up some dark area of your pic while maintaining the exposure for rest of the part.  I can show you how to do this next time. 

Yes in Aperture I can increase the exposure either wholly or partly. Maybe I should have spent more time to tune a good color/feel combination.

Offline felix

• Quan
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2010, 23:31:36 »
Felix, good job!  Have you sharpened the pictures?  I found that some of your pics are very high in contrast.  What 'picture style' are you using?  For my D3X, I used standard picture style before but the portrait pics were very 'hard', not smooth.  Later, I downloaded the 'portrait' picture style from Nikon website, problem was solved.  I am not sure if you know this or not.  Just for sharing, enjoyed shooting with you that night. ::)
Kai哥,D相setting有左加少少sharpness.High contrast就係我用mac執返wb&ev+-時調整過!!'picture style' 用vi(鮮艷)"係好耐之前set....都冇轉過 ;D~
D3x出來效果徧硬,可能係機本身成色取向有分別...又極可能係我的105mm係mirco鏡,焦點以外比一般鏡soft好多!!希望下次有機會再跟Kai哥你影過 :D

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #18 on: 24 November 2010, 15:25:13 »
Kai哥,D相setting有左加少少sharpness.High contrast就係我用mac執返wb&ev+-時調整過!!'picture style' 用vi(鮮艷)"係好耐之前set....都冇轉過 ;D~
D3x出來效果徧硬,可能係機本身成色取向有分別...又極可能係我的105mm係mirco鏡,焦點以外比一般鏡soft好多!!希望下次有機會再跟Kai哥你影過 :D
You may try the 'protrait' style for studio shooting next time.  Vivid style is very high in contrast.  For protrait pics, lower contrast would be better.  I also have a 105mm micro, this is a very good lense for protrait shooting.   ;D