Author Topic: Portrait @ Digiback Studio - Boo Kwok (30-Sep-2010)  (Read 53063 times)

Offline oo8

• Quan
Re: Portrait @ Digiback Studio - Boo Kwok (30-Sep-2010)
« Reply #30 on: 04 October 2010, 00:40:11 »

More on Boo . . . .

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #31 on: 04 October 2010, 00:40:43 »

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #32 on: 04 October 2010, 00:41:49 »

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #33 on: 04 October 2010, 00:42:23 »

That's it for now. . .  ;D

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #34 on: 21 October 2010, 20:59:51 »
The next set we try was interesting. Willy raised a curtain like layer of cloth, then put the big soft light box behind to create the effect of sun light coming in from the window. It was very unique and good.

Chin, I like these photos as the lighting is very good.  Thanks for your sharing on how to set the lights, this is really something have to learn for studio shooting.  So regret to miss this chance.  Look forward your next studio meeting.
The only limit is your creativity.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: 21 October 2010, 22:38:32 »
Chin, I like these photos as the lighting is very good.  Thanks for your sharing on how to set the lights, this is really something have to learn for studio shooting.  So regret to miss this chance.  Look forward your next studio meeting.

Yes, the main idea of this outing was to try different lighting. And I was somewhat happen with the result. There are already some other effect that I would like to try. Perhaps we can organize another one.

BTW Kai, you observation is very photographer like. That you noticed the lighting, effect, etc... Most of my friends would not notice. They like Melody Chan's photo because her face is very easy to like. I agree with that, but the lighting for the Melody Chan session was very plain and safe.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #36 on: 21 October 2010, 23:12:28 »

Yes, the main idea of this outing was to try different lighting. And I was somewhat happen with the result. There are already some other effect that I would like to try. Perhaps we can organize another one.

BTW Kai, you observation is very photographer like. That you noticed the lighting, effect, etc... Most of my friends would not notice. They like Melody Chan's photo because her face is very easy to like. I agree with that, but the lighting for the Melody Chan session was very plain and safe.

Are you talking about me ?  ;D
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: 21 October 2010, 23:31:49 »
Many people, in the office & the tea forum, only comment on how the model looked.  ;D

Are you one of them?

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #38 on: 22 October 2010, 00:01:55 »
Absolutely......I know nothing about phototaking technique.....but I appreciate beauty...... ;)
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #39 on: 22 October 2010, 13:09:04 »
Absolutely......I know nothing about phototaking technique.....but I appreciate beauty...... ;)
Many people are 'technique' oriented, however, I feel that the most important part of the photo is the content itself.  If you shoot a portrait, the portrait herself is the key.  If you can make people feel the portrait character, then your photo is successful.  I would like to hear some non photographer comment on my photos, because it would help me to understand how other people feel subjectively, not judging by the technique.   I am not sure if I express well on this point. :P
The only limit is your creativity.