Author Topic: Western Canadian Golf Tour  (Read 42784 times)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Western Canadian Golf Tour
« Reply #20 on: 28 June 2010, 08:58:26 »
How are these golf clubs funded? Are they private?

Nacklaus North is a semi-private club. That means public can access to it but they also sell memberships there.

Those Fairmont courses (Chateau Whistler and Banff Spring) are owned by the hotel group Fairmont and they operates the courses like a public course. You just book your tee time and play, but the hotel guests may have a cheaper rate.

Quail course is a semi-private club as well.

Bear Mountain is a private club and it operates like that of Fairmont. We stayed at its resort which is operated by Westin.
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #21 on: 28 June 2010, 21:34:04 »
Nice. I can just imagine walking in the fresh air. Maybe we should organize a golf tour to Canada.

The landscape in Banff looks very dramatic. One thing you don't see much in China these days is large patch of undeveloped land. In Spring City, there are holes surrounded by many big trees and mountain, but there are also many fairways surrounded by villas. Not that the villas are ugly, but they take away the rural or natrual feel of the place.

Agreed. The landscape and scenery from Hang's pictures are so beautiful, and I would agree that it is prettier than Spring City. Talking about the villas . . . . . remember I actually hit the villa wall/glass . . . :-[

Offline oo8

• Quan
« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2010, 21:39:08 »

Nacklaus North is a semi-private club. That means public can access to it but they also sell memberships there.

Those Fairmont courses (Chateau Whistler and Banff Spring) are owned by the hotel group Fairmont and they operates the courses like a public course. You just book your tee time and play, but the hotel guests may have a cheaper rate.

Quail course is a semi-private club as well.

Bear Mountain is a private club and it operates like that of Fairmont. We stayed at its resort which is operated by Westin.

What are green fees like for playing golf in Canada?  ;D

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #23 on: 28 June 2010, 22:42:17 »
The fee has quite a wide range.......

They have different categories according to age of the player and time of play. Senior / children are cheaper of course. Early bird / sunset are cheaper too.

Public course generally ranges from CAD$40 to $80 in summer time while $2x to 4x in winter time.

Private course like Fairmont ranges from CAD$110 to $130 in summer time. I don't have the rate for winter time.

They also have package including hotel stay, like what we have in golf007, etc.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #24 on: 03 July 2010, 11:20:44 »
Agreed. The landscape and scenery from Hang's pictures are so beautiful, and I would agree that it is prettier than Spring City. Talking about the villas . . . . . remember I actually hit the villa wall/glass . . . :-[

My phototaking skill is so poor, I am not satisfied for the picture indeed.

.....Trust me....it is far more beautiful when you are there......

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #25 on: 06 July 2010, 08:05:26 »

You ring my bell....I recalled that I had played in Phuket one year (in Laguna Golf if I remembered correctly), my approach shot hit the roof top of a hotel suite and the ball bounced back on the green.... ;D

Well.......That's golf......if you spell the word "golf" backward, it gives you the meaning of golf...... :D
« Last Edit: 06 July 2010, 19:34:37 by hangchoi »

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 06 July 2010, 12:30:29 »
But oo8's story is a bit different.

He was teeing off, and mis-hit so badly that the ball went 90 degree off the direction of fairway, hit the wall of the villa next to the tee box, and the ball bounced back to the tee box!

BTW that villa was on a small hill about 20 meters away from the tee box, and about 10 or 15 meters high.