Author Topic: 香港人  (Read 25019 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
香港人
« on: 06 February 2010, 03:16:56 »
剛剛在一個賽馬網站看到一篇某台灣人論香港人的文章。其中說到香港人自大自卑一些列子,令我想起十多年前一些故事。日本政府每年夏天都會舉辦“International Youth Village”,邀請並資助幾十個國家每國4個代表到日本,和日本的二百個年輕人一起生活5天,每天有不同的活動和討論。

劇我所知,中港台從來沒有被邀請,以避開誰是“中國”這爭議。1994年的IYV比較特別,因為當年是在鹿兒島舉辦。鹿兒島是香港姊妹城市,因而香港被列入邀請。小弟有幸被推薦為4個代表之一。其他三人包括香港總商會的一位女行政人員,一位香港旅遊協會(現在的旅發局?)女公關,一位康體處工作的男士。鹿兒島政府慷慨地請我們4個早幾天到達,參觀了鹿兒島的一些文化歷史旅遊名勝。

有一天在IYV內和其他國家代表閒聊時,有其他國家人禮貌的說“Hong Kong people are well educated.”。小弟不太醒目的回了一句“Many Hongkongers are well instructed, but not necessarily well educated.” 當時其他的香港代表馬上面黑。商會哪位小姐幾個月後聚會時還不太老呢小弟,怪我說了香港人壞話。

我一直覺得商會的小姐就是我那具話的典型。足夠自信的人,根本不需要起曬“gong”。

這篇文章特別用中文,因為原來想在那網站回應。但後來覺得不太適合,在自己地頭留個紀錄算了。  ;D

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
香港人
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2010, 07:59:45 »
yes, many times I also believed I myself is well-instructed instead of well-educated.  This is definitely a good phrase to describe the real situation.  I can understand the fierece reaction of that chick.  That reminded me the movie Star War that described how a good guy turned himself into black knight.  Anger was actually originated from Fear.
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: 香港人
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2010, 11:06:03 »
What is 那網站 actually??
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline kai

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2010, 20:02:57 »
What article?  I am interested to read too.  Yes, I agree with you.  The education in Hong Kong is 'receiving instructions' from the teachers, the score is depended on how close you can follow the instructions.  Up to my Universtiy education, I found the same thing.  Therefore, most of the students will have big difficulties when they go into the society.  Because they can hardly get the 'right/wise' instructions from others, they are not able to make themselves instructions.  Actually, I consider myself quite 'naughty' during my secondary school life.  I think it is because I don't like to follow instructions set by others, sometimes.  But now, I would follow the instructions from my family and I'd love to.  
BTW, Chin, please arrange me a meeting with your designer if possible,  I'd like to meet with him too.  Thanks! ;D
The only limit is your creativity.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2010, 23:55:18 »
See the link to udn.com. The original writer is Taiwanese. The guy wrote a few articles about HK people. I don't agree everything he says, but many points are right on.

http://www.racepattern.com/Discuz/viewthread.php?tid=31014&extra=page%3D1

And Kai, I will talk to him on Monday and ask him to contact you. His name is Alan Wong. I will ask him to try fit the SureCrete stuff into the design, if possible.

Offline kelvin.yue

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2010, 23:49:07 »
I recently read two books. One is "港孩" and the other is "4代香港人"

In "港孩", it point out that the HK education policy do not encourage learning motive, but follow the program and trained to get high score. And this lead to lack of individual thinking. 

And in "4代香港人", the 4 generations as follow:
The 1st generation: those born before World War II, experienced many difficulties and contribute a lots to the family and most are very 節儉. And give freedom to the 2nd generation to growth and develop.
The 2nd generation: the baby blommer, well educated, think their achievement got by their own, believe competition, still not willing to 交棒to the 3rd generation because of not confident on the 3rd generation and not comfort about leaving their position.
The 3rd generation: those age over 30, have not enjoy the freedom of grwoth the 1st generation giving to the 2nd generation and living under the manipulation of the 2nd generation. Waiting but not know when the 2nd generation would 交棒 to them. Prefer to enjoy life rather than saving for the next generation like the 1st generation.
The 4th generation: Everything are planned and arranged by their parent and mostly no choice from their own. 

Then, what would be the 5th generation???

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2010, 09:43:44 »
With the view of the 4th generation, you may not be interested in what the 5th may be...... ;D

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2010, 00:32:30 »
I think this is not unique to HK. From books/news I read, it's very similar in developed countries.

I recently read two books. One is "港孩" and the other is "4代香港人"

In "港孩", it point out that the HK education policy do not encourage learning motive, but follow the program and trained to get high score. And this lead to lack of individual thinking. 

And in "4代香港人", the 4 generations as follow:
The 1st generation: those born before World War II, experienced many difficulties and contribute a lots to the family and most are very 節儉. And give freedom to the 2nd generation to growth and develop.
The 2nd generation: the baby blommer, well educated, think their achievement got by their own, believe competition, still not willing to 交棒to the 3rd generation because of not confident on the 3rd generation and not comfort about leaving their position.
The 3rd generation: those age over 30, have not enjoy the freedom of grwoth the 1st generation giving to the 2nd generation and living under the manipulation of the 2nd generation. Waiting but not know when the 2nd generation would 交棒 to them. Prefer to enjoy life rather than saving for the next generation like the 1st generation.
The 4th generation: Everything are planned and arranged by their parent and mostly no choice from their own. 

Then, what would be the 5th generation???

Offline chanchiwai

• SBC Old Boys
  • livelikeafish
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2010, 21:50:45 »
today I got a very funny experience...

I called 2 of my best friends (degree holder +....) for a technical help; however, both of them told me that "sorry, i am not capable of helping you coz I have nothing left about my study knowledge.... :-\ :-\ :-\ "

at that moment, i was totally startled coz in my concept these 2 guys are the most outstanding at school, i never dreamed of having such answer, i was sure they didn't lie to me coz from their voices i could feel a sense of sorry ~~~

while i was on the way back home, i thought is it because of well-instructed vs well-educated  ::) ::) ::)........ joking....hoping my 2 buddies don't mind what em saying

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2010, 23:44:15 »
Well.....a research said that ......upon your graduated from your university....70% of what you learned will be forgotten.....15% of what you learned will be remained but of no use to your future career.........15% of what you learned are useful only....

Point no. 2, you should blame the one who studied electronics, not electrical..... ;D

Point no. 3, would you tell me what you can remember from your university's courses???