Author Topic: Macau 澳門小游  (Read 187795 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Guincho a Galera
« Reply #110 on: 21 January 2012, 01:48:58 »
After Robuchon a Galera moved to the Grand Lisboa and changed name to Robuchon a Dome, the spot where Robuchon occupied in the old Hotel Lisboa is changed to a fine dining Portuguese restaurant Guincho a Galera. We went there for dinner tonight.

The food was quite OK, but not as refined as Robuchon. The service needs more fine tuning. The waitresses were trying to be nice and attentive, but always something missing. Like not all the main courses arrived at the same time (one came maybe 10 min before others, so OK this was the kitchen problem), one waitress did not know to wait for all main courses to arrive before opening the cover, not remembering which customer having what food, etc... small but noticeable mistakes.

To give them some credit, the place was opened less than a week. The serving staff is probably all new too. So new that a few of waitress did not know how to operate the iPad for the huge wine list. They seemed only know how to turn on the iPad and run the app, but not how to search for a particular wine.

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
Re: Macau 澳門小游
« Reply #111 on: 21 January 2012, 02:11:10 »
Don't they have a Sommelier ?? Are they using the same wine list as the Robuchon??
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: 21 January 2012, 14:45:34 »
Don't they have a Sommelier ?? Are they using the same wine list as the Robuchon??

They may have one. When placing order, the waitress didn't know what to do, they just repeat the inventory #, year, and price.

But when the wine came, one guy was showing me the wine, and when I ask if the wine is fine, he said the aroma is fine. So maybe he's the guy.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: 04 May 2014, 17:48:20 »
BTW I had visited Robuchon a Dome 2 or 3 times since it moved to Grand Lisboa. I am sorry to report that while the food remains good, the service has degraded quite a bit. They are not as attentive as before, including occasion where they serve when one of the guests is missing from the table, and did not allow enough time to finish the last dish before serving the next one. It seems the staff turnover is also high as there is no familiar faces.

Don Alfonso, on the other hand, is getting better and better. You can simply see it from the low staff turnover. The manager Salvatore has been around for few years. 2 or 3 of the waitresses has been around 7 or so years. I remember their faces although not the names. The food is definitely getting better.

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #114 on: 07 May 2014, 17:13:19 »
Don Alfonso looks tempting.  What dishes you recommend??  how much per head in average??

BTW I had visited Robuchon a Dome 2 or 3 times since it moved to Grand Lisboa. I am sorry to report that while the food remains good, the service has degraded quite a bit. They are not as attentive as before, including occasion where they serve when one of the guests is missing from the table, and did not allow enough time to finish the last dish before serving the next one. It seems the staff turnover is also high as there is no familiar faces.

Don Alfonso, on the other hand, is getting better and better. You can simply see it from the low staff turnover. The manager Salvatore has been around for few years. 2 or 3 of the waitresses has been around 7 or so years. I remember their faces although not the names. The food is definitely getting better.
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: 09 May 2014, 18:34:53 »
Don Alfonso looks tempting.  What dishes you recommend??  how much per head in average??

When in doubt, just take the tasting menu. :)
The cost is lower than Robuchon a Dome. Forgot the exact details.  ;D
Should we make a food, golf, gambling trip to Macau?  ;)

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #116 on: 09 May 2014, 23:41:59 »
When in doubt, just take the tasting menu. :)
The cost is lower than Robuchon a Dome. Forgot the exact details.  ;D
Should we make a food, golf, gambling trip to Macau?  ;)
Sure.  But only after I finish this job and make more $$$.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: 09 May 2014, 23:45:51 »
Sure.  But only after I finish this job and make more $$$.

BJ?

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #118 on: 10 May 2014, 10:07:53 »

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #119 on: 10 May 2014, 13:18:13 »
Construction Site! My arena in my old days...... :D

Your working place?
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」