Author Topic: Macau 澳門小游  (Read 187807 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: Macau 澳門小游
« Reply #80 on: 05 June 2011, 14:09:24 »
I bought these Portugal wines in a recent trip to Macau.

- The 2001 Herdade Do Mouchao was bought in the shop inside the wine museum, at ~MOP870.
- The 2005 Mouchao in the ferry terminal duty free, around MOP350.
- The 2004 Adegoborba ~MOP220.

Probably all priced higher than in smaller wine shops, but then I did not get the chance to really shop...

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: 18 October 2011, 22:16:34 »
[hide]
I was shocked to read the below this morning.

I knew Navin for many years. He's the lawyer we used for many years in Quam after the company gone public. He's an Indian who speaks fluent Cantonese, always nice but also very sharp. A good lawyer to have on one's side. Since I sold all my shares in Quam, I have not seen him for 7 or 8 years, and only found out about this today from SCMP.

I asked my friend who was Navin's client until his arrest 2 months ago. I was told that Navin's had a gambling problem! He's gamble away the millions in Macau! He even got my friend a very special VIP reception in Sands once. When asked about the cost of accommodation, Navin told my friend that he did some work for the Sands owner, thus get the VIP membership. I guess it turned out he earned the VIP membership the usual way - by losing millions.

How does a smart, sharp guy like Navin get into this kind of trouble?! How come and why he's couldn't stop?! This is a shocking news to me.

Also from Mingpao...

【明報專訊】微軟始創人比爾蓋茨父親創立的高蓋茨律師事務所(K&L Gates),其在港辦事處合伙人涉偷取律師行金錢以償還賭債。調查後,香港警方發現事務所的損失由原來的1660萬元大增至7.8億元,本地及海外受害人亦增至22名。

受害增至22人

由於案件需轉交高等法院審理,故裁判官促警方加快調查進度。

任職律師的被告Aggarwal Navin Kumar(44歲),被控3項盜竊及3項偽造罪。他涉於去年1至7月間三度偽造授權書,以盜去高蓋茨律師事務所戶口中的金錢。案件押後至12月12日再訊,以待警方從受害人身上取得更多資料,其間被告還押。
[/hide]

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #82 on: 18 October 2011, 22:39:25 »

Really regret to hear this kind of news!  However, it really reminds me that a "professional" doesn't necessarily mean he can handle everything well.  He is just doing very well on certain sector.  I knew a very smart guy in China who ran a LCD factory and got investment paid back in one year.  And more, he had 3-4 consecutive successful years until he got drug problem.  Then company collapsed and he ....
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #83 on: 18 October 2011, 22:42:19 »
[hide] Legal profession is a job of high stress. Though they may dress well and eat well, most of them are always in high stress. So I use to see lawyers drinking a lot which turns to alcoholic, smoking a lot which always give me a tobacco nose, etc.

Gambling may be one way for them to relieve from stress, that may also be the reason that when police raided some illegal gambling establishment in central, they always find some lawyers playing there. [/hide]
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: 18 October 2011, 22:46:27 »
So everyone has his Achilles Heel
每個人都有自己的死穴

Offline marlonchoi

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #85 on: 19 October 2011, 23:33:46 »
The best way to release stress and pressure is Sports.  The body can have a refresh!  Try it!

Our Achilles Heels are as follows:

Our tongues want to taste too much, however, body can have not much!  ;D ;D ;D
Our mouths want to drink too often, however, it will not happen!  ;D ;D ;D

Agree?   ::) ::) ::)

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #86 on: 20 October 2011, 09:48:17 »
That's why we need .... GOLF... ;D

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #87 on: 20 October 2011, 10:19:06 »
Really regret to hear this kind of news!  However, it really reminds me that a "professional" doesn't necessarily mean he can handle everything well.  He is just doing very well on certain sector.  I knew a very smart guy in China who ran a LCD factory and got investment paid back in one year.  And more, he had 3-4 consecutive successful years until he got drug problem.  Then company collapsed and he ....

And I knew a very smart guy in HONG KONG who is running a LED factory and is seduced by his friends to be an alcoholic. Now he stored about 5 cases of wine in his office and waiting his friend to go to have a drink there......  ;D ;D ;D

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: 20 October 2011, 12:21:08 »
And I knew a very smart guy in HONG KONG who is running a LED factory and is seduced by his friends to be an alcoholic. Now he stored about 5 cases of wine in his office and waiting his friend to go to have a drink there......  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, whatever. Just don't gamble in Macau.  ;D

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #89 on: 20 October 2011, 19:14:07 »
Yeah, whatever. Just don't gamble in Macau.  ;D
wow! This is the advice from our good friend who probably wagered the most among us!!
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。