Author Topic: Dance Dance Dance 舞 舞 舞  (Read 23300 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: Dance Dance Dance 舞 舞 舞
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2009, 03:59:32 »
Few more pics.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2009, 04:13:03 »
In the final rounds of the professionals group, 6 couples competed for the championship. The organized introduced them to the audience.

It turned out that all 6 couples in the pro latin group were from mainland China. Whereas in the pro ballroom dance group, 3 couples from mainland, 2 couples from Hong Kong & 1 couple from Taiwan.

At the end of the evening, and highlight of the event, was a demonstration from this Italian couple who won the last 3 world championships. They came to Hong Kong to perform, stay 1 day too teach, then will go back to their Italian studio where they have more than 1000 couple students.

This introduction somehow brought up in my mind the story of the female HSBC private banking head who paid HK$200 million to exclusive, on demand access to an Italian dancer. When their relationship gone sour, she demanded in court to get back part of the payment made upfront. I think eventually she got back about HK$50 or 60 million. The dance instructor got away with well over $100 million. Not bad.

When asked in by the judge why she paid so dearly for dance lessons, I believe she said she wanted the "last glory of life" as she was in her 60's already. Of course, the first big question in my mind was her shrewdness as a businesswoman. Paying such large sum, all cash upfront. And for HSBC to paid her so well, how much the bank is making off from their clients?!

Anyway, back to the dance.

The Italian couple was very very good. Maybe not HK$200 million good, but million dollar acts nonetheless.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2009, 04:15:17 »
When the Italian couple, Paolo Bosco & Silvia Pitton, came out in their white outfit, I can heard the women behind me was commenting how fairy tale look they were.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2009, 04:17:31 »
It wasn't easy to take these pictures. The place was dark, and the ticket I got put in high up in the audience. The pictures were all taken with much higher noise level than my liking. But it was an enjoyable event and I am glad that I went.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2009, 04:55:41 »
When I process the pictures taken this evening, I think the dancers in every single picture were sweating. I guess they don't call this "dancesport" for nothing.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2010, 09:30:27 »
Per request, B&W version.