Author Topic: Guangzhou Changlong Resort 廣州長隆度假區  (Read 55778 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Guangzhou Changlong Resort 廣州長隆度假區
« on: 24 October 2009, 23:48:37 »
This resort is very close to Hong Kong, and we had heard good comment about it. So during the kids' mid-term break, we went there for a few days. I had rather low expectations before we go, but ended up pleasantly surprised. It was very good for family with kids.

The first night we went to their International Circus. I was sure that camera was not allow so did not bring my camera. But turned out still photo was allowed, and people around me were even taking videos. I almost had the urge to go there another night just to take pictures... The show was not as classy or refined as those by Cirque du Soleil, by equally entertaining and "wowing". At RMB135, or US$20, or about 1/5 of the price for a typical Cirque du Soleil show, it was very good value.

The 2nd days was spent in the zoo & safari type of animal viewing area. It was so big that one full day of leisurely walk just not enough. Almost all pictures below were taken in the zoo.

The 3rd day was spent in the Water Park, which was great fun for the kid and me. Our 70+ years old grandma took her first ever roller-coaster-like thrill ride. :) The park has a special entrance for holiday guests, and we were the first party to enter and the last party to leave. I was initially a bit skeptical about the safety of amusement parks in the mainland, but after visiting this park, I am feeling a little better now.

We did not had the chance to visit the amusement park (mechanical thrill rides) and the crocodile park. All of these are park of the huge resort. We never left the resort in the 4-day 3-night trip.

The hotel (www.chimelonghotel.com) have almost the hardware for a 5-star hotel but not quite the software. Just like almost all mainland companies managed hotels - they invested in nice hardware but never quite get the "software" to run a real 5-star hotel. Always missing the little bits. The staff are not paying enough attention to details, they cannot anticipate the needs, staff walk pass you not smiling and avoiding eye contacts, when making small mistakes they try to find excuses instead of simply apologize, the smell of rice wine in the restaurant, the masseurs always talk too much, etc... From my memory, the mainland ran hotel closest to a real 5-star (like those in HK, SE Asia, or North America) is the Yalong Bay Mangrovetree Resort in Hainan.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: Guangzhou Changlong Resort 廣州長隆度假區
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2009, 23:55:40 »
Inside the hotel, there are a few "islands" or "atrium" with flamingos, cranes, swans, and white tigers. Some of the pictures are taken inside the hotel, and some in the zoo.

First the flamingos.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2009, 23:56:40 »
Some swans.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2009, 23:57:31 »
This parrot suddenly jumped into the water, then struggle back to the sort...

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2009, 23:58:31 »
There were about 4 or 5 white tigers in the hotel's atrium.

Nice cat!

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2009, 00:00:59 »
Some flamingo like birds in the zoo, and the dragon fly resting on top of the sign that says in Chinese "Beautiful Dancers in Red".

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2009, 00:02:12 »
Forgot the name...

The 2nd close-up picture was taken when the bird was standing on my kid's arm.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2009, 00:06:22 »
While waiting for tourists who pay to take pictures with them, the baby tigers taking naps or having fun playing with each other.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2009, 00:07:41 »
This has to be one of my favorite pictures. This little guy was just wandering around the trees inside the zoo.

The 2nd pic is a flow up of the first. I am going to use this on my computer desktop.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2009, 00:19:58 »
A tiny squirrel monkey.