Author Topic: Beijing 2008 Olympics 到北京看奧運 (Aug 2008)  (Read 89137 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Men's Football Final
« Reply #50 on: 06 February 2009, 19:55:20 »
Then switch side.

I suspect the mass migration of photographers to our side was because Argentina will be attacking this side.

A photo of the Argentina on offense or scoring would probably worth a lot more than the Nigerians doing the same.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Men's Football Final
« Reply #51 on: 06 February 2009, 19:55:55 »
Then more cheerleaders and Fuwa parade.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Men's Football Final
« Reply #52 on: 06 February 2009, 19:56:25 »
Finally the parade came to our side, and I could take some close up pictures.

What happened to her belly?

And finally, even the soldier couldn't help to take a peek at the girls.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Men's Football Final
« Reply #53 on: 06 February 2009, 19:57:03 »
Eventually Argentina won the final match 1:0.

The first picture was the one where the ball was lobbed over the goalie and gave Argentina the winning score.

The Nigerian actually had more offenses, but somehow they just couldn't get the ball into the net.

In the last picture is perhaps the biggest star in the Argentina team - Lionel Messi. From the official web page, he normally plays for the very high profile Barcelona, which probably explained his popularity among the audience in Beijing.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Purple Jade Villas
« Reply #54 on: 06 February 2009, 19:57:47 »
In the evening of 23-Aug, we were invited to a dinner at the Purple Jade Villa.

I was too lazy to bring my cameras, and again a big regret. The photos were taken with my phone.

The place is a playground for the rich and powerful in Beijing.

As our driver dropped us off at the wooden hut where we would have our dinner, the first thing we saw was a peacock roaming around in the surrounding lawn.

The kids had a great time chasing the peacock, geese and other birds kept at the ground.

We had a little walk around the compound, watching grandmums pushing little kiddies in strollers, young girls walking their dogs, and security guards in neat formation perhaps change shifts.

I was told that the Chinese Taipei Olympic team would be having a dinner party the same evening at the lake side house in the second picture.

Our party is having dinner in our own little wooden hut. What a perfect place to have a little drink and relax. A perfect ending to our Beijing Olympics trip.

Hasta la vista, Beijing.