Author Topic: New Toys & Gadgets 新玩具  (Read 86071 times)

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
Re: New Toys & Gadgets 新玩具
« Reply #30 on: 10 November 2012, 17:07:24 »
:o :o :o Nice

If you are referring to the camera.... it's

HEAVY!!!

Offline marlonchoi

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #31 on: 15 November 2012, 22:38:39 »
Just to report back that after 6 months of biking, about 3 times a week, 45 min to 90 min each time, I lost ~15lb and 10cm in the middle section.  ;D

Congratulation!

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #32 on: 16 November 2012, 14:38:08 »
Just to report back that after 6 months of biking, about 3 times a week, 45 min to 90 min each time, I lost ~15lb and 10cm in the middle section. 

Chin, What is your original weight then?
Never stop Learning, Never stop Earning!!
哲人無憂,智者常樂。並不是因為所愛的一切他都擁有了,而是所擁有的一切他都愛。

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: 16 November 2012, 17:06:56 »
Just to report back that after 6 months of biking, about 3 times a week, 45 min to 90 min each time, I lost ~15lb and 10cm in the middle section. 

Chin, What is your original weight then?

[hide]

203 at the peak, about 187 the last 2 years or so.
[/hide]

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #34 on: 16 November 2012, 20:30:32 »

wow, so record low now since.....

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #35 on: 16 November 2012, 20:42:02 »

[hide] That means you are now about 172 lbs?? I have almost the same weight with you then [/hide]
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: 16 November 2012, 21:46:05 »

[hide]
171 for about 1 month now. The last few days has been a bit higher.
[/hide]

Offline wongyan

• SBC Old Boys
« Reply #37 on: 18 November 2012, 14:57:57 »

I wish I can reach that level in 6 months. But cycling in Tsing Yi would be too dangerous.

Offline chin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2014, 01:36:58 »
I had lunch with my good friend who is an avid photographer. He told me that I should check out the Olympus E-M1. After lunch I went with him to a camera store and purchase the camera with a 12-40/2.8 zoom lens.

The followings are some sample photos taken yesterday and today. Sofar the camera seems quite capable and fast. Perhaps it will replace the Sony A99 I am using now for "serious" photography. The Sony with the nice lenses (24-70/2.8 & 70-200/2.8 are the two main lenses) and batteries, etc... weight 4kg or so. I am getting old and would like to have lighter camera with good performance. Is this too much to hope for?  ;D

Offline hangchoi

• SBC Old Boys
  • Alcoholic + Golfmania
    • MaJeff's Wine Blog
« Reply #39 on: 01 May 2016, 15:01:50 »
During my trip to Netherlands, I stayed in a hotel near the airport and there was a hotel shuttle for taking me to-and-from the airport. One day, before I was back to hotel, I found this shop showing a blue-tooth speaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz3k53BAhG4

I was attracted by the sound quality of the speaker. I got in and had a chat with a youngster, who is the designer of this speaker (not the one shown on the video above). He told me that they just got a short term lease of this shop and the shop would open for only a few months. He showed me the technology of the speaker, which uses the surface where the speaker lands as the reflector of the noise. You can stick the speaker on floor, desk, or even wall. The sound quality somehow depends on the material of the surface. A harder, firmer surface gives different quality than softer surface. When you hold the speaker on hand, the loudness of the speaker is very small.

We tried the speaker using different surfaces of the shop, its wooden table, partition glass, steel bench, etc. I connected his speaker with my smartphone and played some Korean music, which was quite nice in terms of its sound quality. At last, I bought a silver one, as below picture.

The speaker is a bit heavy, as the designer said that the most heaviest part is the battery. This speaker can play 2 hour continuously when fuller charged.

When I was back to HK, I played it for a while and took a video showing its performance. Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bXIVGK-5Q

The speaker costs EURO 60. You may order it on web, world wide delivery and 2 year warranty.

The designer also told me that he is designing another version.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2016, 15:18:12 by hangchoi »
「吾心信其可行,則移山倒海之難,終有成功之日。吾心信其不可行,則反掌折枝之易,亦無收效之期也。」