Public Zone 公開區 > Travelogues 遊記相薄

Da Nang, Vietnam

<< < (2/6) > >>

hangchoi:
We arrived at Da Nang in the evening so our activity started on the next day. In the morning we went to visit Inter-Continental Hotel. The main reason was not for the hotel but for the restaurant. If you google Inter-Continental, you will find a restaurant Maison 1888 immediately before the hotel search, i.e. people searching this restaurant more than the hotel itself.

Maison 1888 may be the most famous restaurant in Da Nang. It was once rated as the best restaurant in Asia by some medias. They mainly serves dinner but they have lunch on Friday and Saturday, so we went there for lunch.

The location is a bit far from Da Nang city. The hotel is nicely built on hill side slope and you have to take the cable car down to the restaurant.

hangchoi:
The restaurant is nicely decorated. Foods are good but not excellent. Service is wonderful. The price is expensive for the local but it is cheap if you compare it with that in HK. The lunch menu is limited but you may negotiate the main course with the chef in advance. Some of us did not want to have lamb for main dish so they served chicken instead.

hangchoi:
More foods.......

hangchoi:
Sightseeing after lunch. There is not many sightseeing spots in Da Nang indeed. Pink Church is one of them and it is also recommended by most of the medias. Other than the colour of the facade, there is not much to see. When I walked around it, I found something more interesting. There is a joss stick mug for worshiping Mary???

And a nice pieta too.

hangchoi:
Opposite to the pink church is the Han Market, a local market but lots of tourists, maybe due to its location which attracts the tourists after visiting the pink church.

A lot of different stuff to sell, foods and snack, etc. There are a lot of shops for tailored clothing and the price is cheap, about HK$120 for a traditional 越南長襖(Áo dài)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version