Public Zone 公開區 > Travelogues 遊記相薄

France and Netherland

<< < (19/20) > >>

hangchoi:
After that, we went back to Amsterdam. It was the so called National Pillow Day and there was a pillow fight in Dam Square. We missed it. Anyway, we still had time to go to Rembrandt House Museum.

hangchoi:
Finally the last day in Europe, we only had a morning to hangout as we would catch the late afternoon flight. We are suggested by our friends that we should go to visit Heineken brewery.

We were the first two visitors entered to the brewery that morning. This interesting copy of NIGTH WATCH attracted me immediately. If you take a detail look and compare with the real one, the people in the painting are holding a glass of Heineken.

hangchoi:
The tour actually tells you how their beer is made, their labels and history. They still have horses for exhibition purpose, you can print your own label on beer bottle, etc. The tour is full of entertainment, they even have video game and karaoke for you to play and you can record your own video and email back to you. Very entertaining.

This is the first time I smell the hops. The last picture shows all the bottles that they have ever used.

hangchoi:
Of course there was a beer tasting. The tour includes a tasting and 2 tokens. The tokens can be used to buy beer or attend a class for beer pouring.

The tasting is led by a beautiful lady. She explained why we should drink beer in a big gulp, not by sip. After the visit, I bought a beer that is stored at -2 degree. You can see the tap was frozen.

hangchoi:
After the visit, we walked along the museum plaza before we headed back to hotel and picked our bags. We took these pictures on our way back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version