Public Zone 公開區 > Travelogues 遊記相薄

France and Netherland

<< < (3/20) > >>

hangchoi:
We woke up early on the second day because we had a day trip to Mont St. Michel. We booked the tour from a local tour company and the departure point was next to Musee de Louvre. We arrived there by MTR and the MTR station has a nice platform showing Venus de Milo.

hangchoi:
The day trip lasted 14 hours, from 7:30am to 9:30pm, but the actual visiting time was only 4 hours because it took 5 hour bus to the Mont St. Michel. Once we would have thought that we should stay there for 1 night. We slept on the bus but you will find it worthy to be there when you arrived.

The farther look and closer looks of the Mont St. Michel. It is situated at Normandy area of France, which is famous by its inclement weather.

hangchoi:
We arrived there at about noon. Before we started our visit, we went to eat. Our lunch must have their famous omelette, althoguh I was told that the original one was gone and now the chef are making this omelette using the recipe left by the original chef.

Foods are nice, tho not excellent. The restaurant was busy to serve a lot of customers. Who said that a lunch in France usually lasts for a few hours?

The first picture is the restaurant we went to. They served a Normandy's famous drink, cider. This was the first time I had Cider as a pairing wine for my main dish. The cider showed some maturation character, very interesting.

hangchoi:
You can see from the above picture that the church was built at the top of the island. The oldest part was built in year 708. It was further developed and went through the 100 year war. So this one has both Gothic and Romanesque style architecture.

hangchoi:
The abbey is quiet and solemn. The monks spent their whole life there to train and worship. A lot of religious symbols were left there. You can still find out how hard their life was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version