Public Zone 公開區 > Travelogues 遊記相薄

Taipei 台北遊 (Dec-2010)

<< < (2/17) > >>

chin:
Gold mining was organized in a large scale under the Japanese occupation. From what I read, the whole gold mining area was divided into two patches with mining rights went to two different Japanese companies. This is the entrance to one of the mines. The naming of the mine is very Japanese - it means mine no 5. Some of the nearby businesses was named after the mine.

When I took this picture, I heard birds inside the old mine.

chin:
There were lots of tea houses and coffee shops along the hill side. I took this picture sitting in the balcony of one cafe, overlooking another cafe and the valley.

Besides cafes, there were also many 民宿 - bread & breakfast type of small hotels. Many of them very Japanese in style. (And one of the strongest impression from my first Taiwan trip was the very visible strong Japanese influence in almost everywhere.)

chin:
The streets of Jiu Fen were actually very interesting. As soon as we arrived, the kids went to the magic shop, and I went around into the side road and small alleys.

Among the first buildings I saw was this shop with very nice and artistic front. Too bad it wasn't open so I don't even know what they sales. Note the deco in the store front was the tracks and carts used in the gold mines.

chin:
Nice mail box was not only limited to stores. This home has another nice hand made one.

chin:
And the mail box above belongs to this nice looking home.

In Jiu Fen, everywhere you go, you see greens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version