Public Zone 公開區 > Travelogues 遊記相薄

Taipei 台北遊 (Dec-2010)

<< < (5/17) > >>

chin:
More cats on the roof top. And this kind of tar roof top is also typical of old houses in Jiu Fen. In the material I read, they called the tar sheets "black cloth 黑布". They were widely used because they are water proof.

The tar roof in the second photo seemed so broken already.

chin:
One more picture of cat, before we move on from Jiu Fen.  :)

chin:
Before the trip, I already heard about the large floral expo in Taipei and planed to visit. From their web site and other report, the Expo has 4 sites. But only after I arrived then i realized the 4 sites are actually next to each other and walking distant away.

One of the newspaper reports on the floral expo was effectively saying the floral is as big a deal as the just-finished Shanghai World Expo. I think it maybe true for people in the green plant business, but for layman like me, the scale of the floral expo is much much smaller.

chin:
After reading the official floral expo web site and some news report, we decided to visit the 新生園區 first. The most popular attraction in this site is the 夢想館 Pavilion of Dreams, pictured below. But when we arrived, all the tickets were allocated for the day.

Too bad. But on the other hand, we have seen so many impressive hi-tech pavilions in the Shanghai Expo, I didn't think we missed too much in the hi-tech focused Pavilion of Dreams.

chin:
The flower beds near the entrance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version